With the ever growing risk of a toll fraud attack, most businesses don’t truly understand the threat or more importantly, how to defend themselves. Defense against these attacks, however, can be resolved with a simple, low cost embedded solution – NEC’s InGuard.
InGuard, for the UNIVERGE SV9100 and SV8100, provides a low maintenance, robust solution that is embedded directly into your system. No extra cost for a PC or server required – unlike other solutions.
So how does InGuard work? It is tailored to your business’s specific call patterns. From these parameters, a set of rules are created and when a rule is broken, an alert is sent. It not only detects a suspected toll fraud attack, but it can help prevent internal abuse of your phone system. Administration is easily done through a browser.
NEC’s InGuard provides:
- Monitoring of all call activity 24/7 for instant detection of fraudulent activities
- A defense against toll fraud attacks which can easily cost thousands of dollars
- Two types of automatic alerts:
- Designated recipients receive an ‘alert only’ email
- In more severe fraudulent activity cases, an ‘alert and block’ sends an email, but also prevents any further call activity immediately
- Complete call information in the alert email to explain why a call or calls were considered fraudulent