Email is the bedrock of B2B and B2C communications. That’s why every business from the small start-up to the corporate giant needs a secure, reliable, flexible, and integrated email service.
For companies with fewer than 100 email accounts, hosted exchange is an excellent choice. Why?
1. No worries. IT professionals maintain the server and the email program 24/7/365. No one in the company has to worry about the email going down.
2. Better security. Hosted exchange servers are equipped with the latest anti-spam and anti-virus software, and regular updates from hosting company keep users ahead of the constantly evolving e-threats. Servers are also housed in highly secure buildings, and they provide constant backups for all data.
3. Easy start-up. New email accounts – with all data transferred – are usually up and running within 24 hours. And there’s no need to change addresses, so there’s no worry about disrupting communications with the switch in servers.
4. Easy to grow. Adding e-mail boxes is easy. The hosting company also manages user licensing, allowing companies to focus on their core business and not running down Exchange licenses for a new hire.
5. Mobile compatibility. Hosted exchange accounts are accessible from mobile devices, helping employees be plugged in and more productive wherever they are.
6. Email marketing compatible. A provider can help accommodate large influxes of email that result from an email marketing campaign.
7. Significant cost savings. Companies that use hosted exchange typically spend 50% less on email management than they would if they maintained their own software on their own server.
What happens when a company goes over 100 email accounts? At that point, a company is usually ready to either to own or rent their own server, making it more cost-effective to switch to an email program combined with a managed hosting or colocation service.